With the epoxy holding the rudder and motor together now cured, I drilled some holes to feed cable ties through and around the motor. I am using these to reinforce the bound between the two components. The motor is a considerable amount of weight and I don’t want it falling off the rudder. I will also be using more epoxy and fiberglass to further reinforce and fair at a later time.
Once the initial reinforcement was down, I cut an additional piece of wood to fit below the motor and behind its metal skeg. My thought is that this could give the rudder a little more authority, and it will look better in the end. Once that piece was cut to fit, I build a jig to hold the assembly inverted and I glued it to the motor. Again, I used epoxy thickened with silica.
Time Spent: 1.0 Hours
Total Time In Build: 72.0 Hours