Today I glued together the hull of the Skerry. I started with the seam between the bottom panel and the number #1 panels. CLC calls this the garboard. For this seam I mixed some wood flour in with the silica and epoxy. I dabbed in on with my fingers, ensuring it was deep in the seam.
After I completed the garboard, I mixed some seam epoxy (epoxy and silica) for the seams between the #1/2 and #2/3 panels. I used plastic syringes to inject the mixture between stitches. The syringes made quick work of the gluing. I must wait 24 hours, but hopefully the hull will hold its shape when I remove the stitches tomorrow.
Time Spent: 2.0 Hours
Total Time In Build: 26.0 Hours