This morning I flipped the hull of the boat to prepare to glue the seams. Before doing that, I made the decision to place painter’s tape over the seams on the interior of the hull. My hope is that this will stop any epoxy from running too far if it makes it through a seam.
I was able to flip the hull by myself using a couple of tiedowns wrapped around the hull for leverage. I checked that the saw horses were level and took a good look at the hull. Thankfully it looked nice and true, so I used my trusty vice grips to tighten up all the stitches. I will start gluing tomorrow.
Oh and one more thing. I drew first blood on my left thumb which I punctured on a copper stitch while rolling the hull. It was very minor, but it had to happen sometime!
Time Spent: 1.5 Hours
Total Time In Build: 24.0 Hours