Posted by Zachary Wiest in Paint, Preparation
I just finished laying down the first layer of hull primer. I began the day by pulling out the boat and using painter’s tape on the underside of the rail. I then gave it a good whipe-down with denatured alcohol. Once that was complete I used a roller to cover the hull. A foam brush was used in the laps to make sure they got covered. I key with the primer is not to try to make it look beautiful. This layer Interlux PreKote hi-build primer is just to fill any abnormalities and provide the paint with something to stick too. In a day or two I will sand it down with 120grit.
On another note. I am noticing a lot of traffic on the website. During the couple months that I wasn’t working on the boat or even updating the site I had over a thousand views! I am about 100 away from 3000!
Time Spent: 1.5 Hours
Total Time In Build: 147 Hours