I started sanding the exterior of the hull today in preparation for fiberglass. I was happy to learn that my idea to mound thickened epoxy around the exposed stitches worked. The copper sanded out nice and easy… well, about as easy as epoxy sands away. I have been using a bunch of different tools: Sand paper wrapped around a pencil for the strake edges, hard and soft hand block sanders, and my random orbit sander. It is time consuming work. I am super glad I worked outside today. I would have had one messy garage had I not. I didn’t take any pictures, but I completed about 25% of the exterior of the boat and managed to sand the epoxied seats in preparation for another coat.
Time Spent: 2.5 Hours
Total Time In Build: 36.0 Hours